I’ve been chastised by multiple people in multiple circles within the past week for not posting enough. I think about it a lot, but I never seem to make the time. Part of it is I feel like I’m scrambling to keep up with my work responsibilities, and part of it, if I’m honest, is a increased feeling of restriction on my posting since I started this job. Not that anyone has given me reason to think I need to do that… well, other than letting me know that people at work know about this journal/blog. But whatever. I know I have options. I could always use friends-only posts, but at this point a good deal of my friends and readers are outside of LiveJournal and I don’t want to ignore them. I could adopt a different persona, set up a different blog, and talk freely about whatever I want, but I’ve always enjoyed being myself online. I could talk about things in a veiled way, but there are always those who know what’s being described and who’s who and all that. I could just throw caution to the wind and write whatever I want, but I’m not sure I’m up for that.
But I think the latter is closest to what I’m going to have to do. We’ll see how it goes.
In the meantime, by way of update:
- I’ve been at the “new” job almost 3 months now and it’s very cool but very demanding.
- I haven’t really had time to think about songwriting since I started here, but I’m still holding out hope that that’ll change.
- The staircase and front porch have been gone for several weeks now but we still don’t have a new staircase yet, which looks really funny.
- My mom got elected to office at the local level last week. She’s now a politician. That’s weird.
- I was part of an amazing gathering of women bloggers over the weekend, and was very humbled to have been invited.
And by way of apologizing for my lack of recent activity, I give you a picture of a robin.
There. Isn’t that better?