Edit: 15 guessed, 10 to go! Who else is going to play? 🙂
2. Write down one (or two) line(s) of the song. Try to avoid lines that include the title.
3. Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
4. When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line and list the correct name of the song next to it.
I kept getting songs Karsten and I wrote. That’s not really fair to my friends list, even though I know some of you have heard the songs. I’m skipping them.
These all come from my workout mix (I know that’ll seem odd, with some of them, but I like to have a variety of tempos and moods when I’m working out — it helps keep things interesting).
First he loved my accent, how his knees could bend…
Northern Lad – Tori Amos (guessed by
She sits quietly there, like water in a jar, says baby why you trembling like you are?
She’s My Kind of Rain – Tim McGraw (guessed by
Not a soul around but the old barkeep, down at the end lookin’ half asleep
The Good Stuff – Kenny Chesney (guessed by
4. I got a hole in me now, yeah I got a scar I can talk about
5. I laughed and he smiled, it would last for a while…
I could count the good times we had on one hand, all the rest were a sort of means to an end
A Matter of Minutes – Shawn Colvin (guessed by
What’s wrong with the world, mama? People livin’ like they ain’t go no mamas
Where Is The Love – Black Eyed Peas featuring Justin Timberlake (guessed by
When you light those candles up there on that mantle, settin’ the mood…
I Melt – Rascal Flatts (guessed by
9. The Buick’s in the drive, it’s good to be alive
10. I’ve been chasing the life I’ve dreamed of, now I’m home
11. I gave up cigarettes, I haven’t had to light one yet, and it’s been years since I stopped
12. She knows enough to worry, but what does she know about crime?
That’d be all you’d have to know for me to be fine, yeah
Cry – Faith Hill (guessed by
You know and I know I don’t know me very well
Sugar – Tori Amos (guessed by
15. Take a minute to concentrate and she opens up her eyes
I was lost, I was lost, crossed lines I shouldn’t have crossed
In My Place – Coldplay (guessed by
17. Should we go out and try to save it, or just let it go like the days and decades?
I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am…
Overprotected – Britney Spears (guessed by
If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I’ll give Judas a try
Spark – Tori Amos (guessed by
We scream in cathedrals, why can’t I be beautiful?
i i e e e – Tori Amos (guessed by
21. Oh, the night here it comes again. It’s on with the jeans, the jacket and the shirt
You can look but you can’t touch, I don’t think I like you much
I Think I’m Paranoid – Garbage (guessed by
I guess on days like this, you know who your friends are
Taxi Ride – Tori Amos (guessed by
We are widening the corridors and adding more lanes
Comfort Eagle – Cake (guessed by
25. I need you now much more than ever, I’m making new friends but none of them matter