Copied from VideoETA‘s email newsletter:
‘Titanic’ tops list of cheesiest movie lines
In a poll of 2,000 U.K. moviegoers, British baker Warburtons asked for the most cheesy moments in film. The results are some of Hollywood’s most quoted and annoying movie lines in recent history.
Leonardo DiCaprio’s “I’m the king of the world” line from super-smash hit Titanic was the top vote-getter. Followed by “Nobody puts Baby in the corner” as uttered by Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.
- Titanic: Leonardo DiCaprio’s “I’m the king of the world!”
- Dirty Dancing: Patrick Swayze’s “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”
- Four Weddings And A Funeral: Andie McDowell’s “Is it still raining? I hadn’t noticed.”
- Ghost: Demi Moore’s “Ditto,” to Patrick Swayze’s “I love you.”
- Top Gun: Val Kilmer to Tom Cruise: “You can be my wingman anytime.”
- Notting Hill: Julia Roberts’ “I’m just a girl… standing in front of a boy… asking him to love her.”
- Independence Day: Bill Pullman’s “Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”
- Braveheart: Mel Gibson’s “They may take our lives, but they will not take our freedom!”
- Jerry Maguire: Renee Zellweger to Tom Cruise: “You had me at hello.”
- The Postman: A blind woman says to Kevin Costner: “You’re a godsend, a savior.” He replies: “No, I’m a postman.”
Warburtons created the list to honor their new line of cheese-flavored crumpets.