So, say you were meeting a new person–blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can’t actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with a dozen things in it for them to look at/read/listen to/taste/whatever. What would you put in the box? And a copy of your journal or a link to your LJ would be the same thing as just telling them directly, yourself, so that’s not allowed.
- A demo CD or a link to my songs page.
- The ring I made for my mom for Mother’s Day 1990, but which was too large for her taste. I’ve worn it every day since.
- A box of After Eight mints. Yum.
- My little kitty photo album with pictures of all of our cats. I take it with me when I travel.
- A mix CD with my all-time favorite songs on it (such as Paul Simon’s “Boy In The Bubble” and The Rolling Stones’ “Beast Of Burden”).
- A homemade DVD (made illegally, of course) of great scenes from some of my favorite films (such as the “mad as hell” scene from “Network” and the funeral scene from “Four Weddings And A Funeral”).
- One of my homemade guitar picks made from cut-up paid-off credit cards.
- A snack bag of popcorn. That should go well with the After Eights.
And whatever the hell else I can think of at that moment.