Baby Clyde has been throwing up since this afternoon. He looks pretty ragged. I’m sure we’ll take him to the vet in the morning if he’s still acting and looking this bad, but I can’t decide if we need to take him to the emergency vet now.

Is there a chance, however remote, that this is a delayed reaction to the Hartz flea treatment? You all got me really spooked with that. Should we be calm and wait until morning or freak out and take him in right now?

This is my most beloved cat. He’s wonderful, and he deserves the best treatment. I just don’t know if there’s anything to be gained by taking him in right now.

Ugh. I know I won’t be getting much sleep tonight either way.

Don’t know what to do

5 thoughts on “Don’t know what to do

  • August 19, 2007 at 9:43 pm
    Permalink

    if you’re freaking out, take him in. he may not need it, but you do. *hug*

    Reply
  • August 19, 2007 at 10:38 pm
    Permalink

    Yeah, I’d say better safe than sorry.. Hope everything is okay..

    Reply
  • August 19, 2007 at 11:05 pm
    Permalink

    I would try to call the emergency vet and see what they say. Also, see if you can get your cat to drink water so he won’t get dehydrated.

    Reply
  • August 20, 2007 at 12:04 pm
    Permalink

    It’s the same when you have children… (I have only ever read this post of yours so I am unsure if you have children or not!)… when my son gets ill I battle with myself over whether to take him in the the ER right away, or wait until morning.
    Usually I will end up calling his doctors answering service and when the doc gets ahold of me they will tell me what they think, but even that takes forever.
    I hope all is well with your kitty!!

    Rebekah
    http://www.bekssssramblings.blogspot.com

    Reply
  • Pingback:The Bee Hive » Blog Archive » Although come to think of it, Paris might not get my mind off of rats…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.