I’ve always loved having everyone at work be able to see my calendar in Outlook and thus, at least in theory, be able to schedule meetings appropriately. (There are plenty of people who don’t bother using this feature and schedule meetings with me over top of other meetings. Annoying.) I can lock down private events if I don’t want the whole world to know what I’m doing.
I would love to be able to do the same thing with my friends and see what they’re up to. Does anyone use a site that allows you to do this?
Here are the use cases I’m envisioning:
- synchronizing from my PDA to some web-based PIM that includes calendar and address book
- setting different permissions for different events (like Friends Groups on LJ, or Groups in ACT!) or at least being able to mark events private
- being able to select some set of friends from my address book and comparing their schedules (just like the meeting function in Outlook)
- invite friends to a “meeting” or “gathering” or “event” or whatever (like evite.com)
- track the responses to the meeting request through the web-based interface (like evite.com)
Anyone know of anything that fulfills these requirements?